Sunday, November 28, 2010

Making Room for Baby H!

As we are getting closer and closer to the arrival of our baby boy, we are making room at home for him and and it definitely looks like I am making room for him in my belly!  I feel huge these days and I think I am getting bigger by the minute!  My friend Carol and I were working out last weekend (her baby girl will be here New Years Eve!) and she asked me if I felt big and I said "oh yeah" and she told me to just wait, because I will look back at this time later in pregnancy and  think I look small!  I am not sure where this baby is going to go because I feel like  I am stretched out to the max!  But the good news is he is healthy and growing and I feel awesome; I am still able to run, spin and attend Pilate classes and even though I am slower than normal, I am still able to do it :)  So, as I continue to make room for the little guy, Steve and I have been making room in our home and hearts for him...

The past few weekends have been filled with baby registering, picking out nursery colors, deciding on crib bedding and designing the lay out of Baby H's nursery.  I love doing this stuff - it is a passion of mine so I have had been really enjoying it.  Steve has been getting into it as well - he made the final decision on the bedding and nursery colors.  :)  Together, we have decided to go for a modern looking nursery which will be reflected in the nursery furniture, colors, artwork, etc.  We are so excited to see it all come together! 

This past weekend, Steve found time after working long hours to put together the crib and changing table.  But before he could put these 2 things together, we needed to move our home office into the corner of our living room because the office will now be Baby H's nursery.   We moved everything out of the office, packed up what we did not need and stored it in our basement.  Having a small corner office in our living room will be an adjustment for the both of us, but we live in the city and space is tight!  After the office was moved, Steve built the crib and changing table - it took about 8 hours to do both pieces of furniture and he worked well into the night.   Everything went smoothly and I think he only had to take apart a piece of the crib once because he put something on backwards (I heard a lot of swearing coming from the baby's room at this moment).  But, he did it and everything is complete :)  Now we just need to decide on the final layout of the nursery and wait for the artwork we ordered to arrive so we can decorate.   Our goal is to have it completed by Christmas so we can relax and enjoy our final days as 'Jenny & Steve' before our little guy arrives in March!




Our new home office - compact but perfect!



Building Baby H's Crib with help from Bosee


The final step - inserting the drawer!


Changing Table & Crib = DONE! 






1 comment: