Thursday, March 29, 2012

Charlie is going to have a ...

I tried for 20 mins to get him to hold the sign and smile - I had to settle for the sign laying on his feet

This is how Charlie really feels about it being a girl - he threw the sign!

Baby H # 2 is a girl!!  Steve and I had bets going into the ultra sound yesterday - I thought the baby was a boy and he thought the baby was a girl.  Obviously, he was right :)  This little girl is LITTLE!   Currently she weighs 11oz and is in the 40th percentile.  (During my pregnancy with Charlie at this stage, he was 1 lb 3oz and in the 64th percentile.)  She is predicted to be 6 lbs when she arrives in August - a petite little thing!

Here are some things our little girl has in common with her big brother:

  • She was sleeping with one arm above her head - Charlie was sleeping like this during his ultra sound as well (they both get this from their mommy)
  • She has big feet (the ultra sound technician said her feet are 'hard to miss')
  • She wiggles and kicks then falls asleep (just like Charlie did)

For the most part, Charlie does not notice anything is happening since he is so little.  Once in a while he will hit my belly but I think it is because he is wondering why it is getting bigger and bigger.  I try to have him feel his little sister kicking but his attention span is shorter than our dog, Bosee.  Charlie has been such a trooper going with me to all the doctor appointments.   It helps a lot that the doctors love him and most of the doctors at the practice know him because of the 32 hours of labor I experienced with him last March :) We went through 5 of the 8 doctors during our marathon labor and delivery and so now when I wheel him into the office, they all know and remember Baby Charlie!

I can't believe I am half way through this pregnancy!   I have been telling myself to breathe a lot these days since I am getting slightly freaked out at the thought of giving enough love and attention to two little nuggets and to Steve.   According to the doctor, freaking out is very natural with the second baby (especially when they will be so close in age) Thank you doctor!

We are so excited to be having a healthy baby girl - it is going to be so fun for Charlie to have a little sister and for our little girl to have a big brother that will look out for her and take care of her.

Let the baby girl shopping begin!

Week 20 (Charlie's BDay Bash Day)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Jenny. What great news I am sure you are excited. How exciting for Charlie he got a sister for his birthday. I love his birthday pictures. His outfit is so cute and so is he.
    Linda Murphy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda! Congrats to you on your second grand-baby on the way :)

      Delete