Thursday, July 17, 2014

Baby Girl's Room Debut

Here we are, roughly 3 1/2  weeks to go until we meet our newest addition and we are are all more than excited!  Luella is itching to meet her 'baby sister' and everyday asks when she is going to 'help the doctor get her out' and Charlie is excited to hold his 'new' baby and he will be a very good 'baby holder' considering the practice he had with Luella and now his cousin, Oliver :)  He also loves to tell everyone at his summer camp that he is going to have '2 girl baby sisters'

I finally finished putting the finishing touches on the baby's room a few weeks ago and I am so excited to bring her home so she can enjoy her space - I hope she will love it as much as I do!  I started planning her room back in February when I came across an amazing bedding design which became my inspiration for her color scheme and nursery style.  I literally carried the bedding around with me in my handbag until May so I could match up decorations and accessories to go in her room.  (Crissy saw me carrying it on two separate occasions; I think she may have been a little worried about me because the second time she saw me with the bedding, she asked 'why do you always have that sheet with you?')

In true 'Jenny-Style', I created a time-line in February to get the room done by June 1 and with a lot of help from Steve, I met my goal! Steve handled all the big stuff, like installing a sliding door, painting and helping me hang stuff.  However, I did build all the furniture including a dresser, which might have been the most annoying thing I have ever built in my life - lining those drawers up in the tracks was not fun!  The last few weeks included the final decorating  details (which is my favorite thing to do), washing clothes, organizing the drawers and closet and re-organizing the drawers and closet ;)

Now that her room is all set, it is time to meet our new little girl - let the countdown begin!

The Bedding - where it all began











all about the details!

and again-all about the details!
Luella practicing giving Baby Sam a bottle
(she took a huge digger on our deck the day before
if you are wondering about her face…) 
Charlie & Oliver on our annual Michigan trip.  

1 comment:

  1. So cute! Yes, I was a bit worried about the sheet never leaving your purse, I'm glad to see it made it through!

    ReplyDelete